Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Bound Proofs

The bound proofs of Vellum arrived this morning and I nearly came in my pants. Well actually, that's not true; I wasn't dressed yet, so strictly speaking I nearly came in my dressing gown, but what the fuck, you know what I mean. Point is, they're here and they're fucking GORGEOUS.

What you can't tell from the image, though, is the feel. They've given the cover a matt, textured finish so it feels like one of those high quality hardback's extra-thick paper dust-covers. The kind of paper artists use - sort of veined, rippled like marble. It's a thing of beauty, I tell you and there's only 600 of them. I wanna run my fingers over it, bury my nose in it for that new print smell. I mean, look at it. Just look at it. I love Pan MacMillan. I want us to have lots of babies together.



I will, of course, be taking one of my copies to the pub tonight to show the Hubbards mob. Only one, mind. Only one. And not Number 1 of 600.

Oh no. Not my precious.

3 Comments:

Blogger John Klima said...

Fucking brilliant man. I can't wait to pick one up this summer.

John Klima

2:46 pm  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

Cheers John. Hey, I didn't realise you had a blog yerself. Cool.

Wait a second. More opportunity for avoidance behaviour and procrastination on my part when I have to finish INK. Agh!

3:32 pm  
Blogger John Klima said...

Hee hee hee, now I've got you in my web....

JK

3:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home