Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Not Quite So Random Poetry Generation.

So I changed the rules and did a cut-up and fold-in here. What can I say? I'm bored at work today.


The Geek Show

Hal Duncan

Quibble kwibble, message board,
To understand g-plan consistency,
The beautiful determinism,
Ghetto boundaries & realism.

How do you dress the genre show?
In tights. No hope, no fear.
Catch-22 fanfiction sex collage
And Finnegans Wake dystopia slash .

Infernokrush, boy Caravaggio --
Gallery hookers & young opera lads
Shagging each other genre ways.
So does all summer push a day.
*

3 Comments:

Blogger SafeTinspector said...

"Catch-22 fanfiction sex collage"

Heh...heh heh...
That was funny.
What rules do you speak of? The result was satisfying...

12:37 am  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

The rules are just my idle invention in a previous blog entry. If you use BlogPatrol it gives you a "Last 20 Keywords" list of Google / Yahoo searches, e.g.:

Catch-22 fanfiction
Hal Duncan
gonzo geek fuck
infernokrusher daddio
Finnegans Wake notes

...and so on.

The strictly random way is just to take any line above an instance of yer name as the title of a poem, anything below that as the lines of the poem.

But they're not so much rules, more sorta guidelines really. The list that I spliced that poem together from had too many instances of my name to get anything good from, so I allowed myself the cutting of extraneous lines. And then I thought the result was still a bit dull so I started shuffling it about. No added words though. Oh no. That would be just plain wrong.

Some of the weirdest juxtapositions come straight from the searches, funny enough.

1:09 pm  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

I would call that an aide more than a rule. Actually sounds pretty fun! I may try it after the holiday.
Like "Circles of Seven," where you get a kernel idea from someone and write it in a circle in the center of a sheet of paper.
Then draw seven circles around the center circle. Write in the circles seven things that come to mind when you see the kernel idea. Then repeat the process for each of the seven circles.
Then look at the huge mess on the paper and use whatever you find for whatever you want.

1:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home