Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Contest at Book Spot Central

For anyone that hasn't had their copy of Escape from Hell! pre-ordered for the last... um... very long time (I know, I know; I'm sorry about the inordinate delays in getting it out there; all I can say is the whole writer's block thing wasn't exactly a hoot from my end either.), there are five copies to be won in a contest over at Book Spot Central.

In other news, there's some nice reviews of "The Toymaker's Grief" and "The Behold of the Eye" by Rich Horton in the latest Locus apparently. I haven't read them yet meself, but I'm not that surprised since aforesaid Mr Horton just selected the latter story for inclusion in his Unplugged anthology of the best online fiction 2008. So, yes. Hurrah!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hal,

Just finished Escape from Hell. It was a great book and quite a lot of fun. I love stories about Angels and Demons. Is "Assault on Heaven " in the works?

Eric

4:19 pm  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

Hey Eric,

Glad ye enjoyed it. Assault on Heaven! (the exclamation mark is compulsory) is sort of stewing as we speak. It's not contracted, but I know pretty much exactly what I want to do with it, heh, so I can't see it not being written.

But if ye keep an eye on the blog there may well be something else to pique yer interest in the next few days -- a wee tie-in giveaway.

4:44 pm  
Blogger E.M. Gist said...

Hey Hal,
I will give my left arm to illustrate covers for any and all stories connected to this universe. Oh, and thanks for all the kind words you have had for the first cover.

E-

12:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home