Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Monday, April 04, 2011

GetFanged Interview

The very nice people over at GetFanged.Com invited me to do an interview a couple of weeks ago, asked me some damn fine questions too. The result, of typically Duncanian length, is now up on their (log-in required) site, but also usefully up on their Facebook page and on their wordpress blog. So if you fancy reading my thoughts on archetypes and personal semiotics, the evolution of the vampire trope, the psychotic delusion I've adopted as regards the Star Wars prequels, the ubiquity of Jack, and how Jakobson's model of the six functions of language is wrong... knock yerselves out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cygnus said...

Here's one vote for you to do the Imaginary Prequel review!

This reminds me of a blog post by Jeff Rients from a few months ago, where he tried to flesh out what the Star Wars universe would be like if "all we knew" was the first movie... http://jrients.blogspot.com/2010/10/episode-iv-what-we-know-what-we-dont.html

3:03 am  
Anonymous Krystyna said...

I've only had time to read the interview yesterday. I think I remebered the bits about Jack being an archetype from other interviews, but your analysis of the "vampire evolution trope"? Fantastic. I don't think I've seen anybody approach it from this angle before (juvenile erotic domination fantasy needs an appropriate setting - hence, high school? Very clever :D). K.

11:28 am  
Anonymous Krystyna said...

Hey. I tried linking to that interview on a community, but the facebook text is now gone and the blogspot site is not only login-required - it's invite only :( I didn't have the presence of mind to save the text, so now I can't even post quotations. Do you think something could be done about this? It's a damn shame that such an interesting text should disappear from the face of the net.

11:33 am  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

No problem. I'll post it up here.

3:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home